Sunday, October 31, 2010

eat pray and eat!;)

After months of waiting for its release here in Pilipinas and difficulties in aligning our hectic schedules, my friend Mello and I were able to watch Eat, Pray, Love on the big screen. At first I was a bit hesitant to watch the book’s film version since I heard many reviews saying that the book is much better than the film (what’s new, right?). So I gave in and joined my friend as we enjoyed seeing scenes from EAT: where the protagonist Liz Gilbert immensely enjoyed slurping her pasta with a glass of wine, indulged in yummy slices of pizza in Naples, walked the streets of Rome, Italy which reminded me of my trip there a year ago (ahhh the beauty of Fontana di Trevi and Colosseo!), finished mini tubs of gelato and celebrated an American Thanksgiving with Italian friends, to PRAY: rode a crazy cab to visit her Ashram’s place in India, struggled waking up during the wee hours of the morning to read a 182-verse Sanskrit chant, attended an Indian wedding ceremony, finally set her husband free after causing him too much pain from their divorce, and to LOVE: revisited an old medicine man in Ketut, swam the clear waters of Bali, and befriended a divorcee who later on becomes her husband.
 
We enjoyed the scenes in Italy because of its close up shots of food (both eating and cooking na nakakagutom!), the significant tourist attractions and funny lines which my friend and I can relate to (we love the art of doing nothing – dolce far niente - our motto from now on!). Oh, I remember my trip to Rome, Italy last year! Nakakamiss!
Colosseo.

At Fontana di Trevi. Ang itim ko:))

Outside Parthenon.

Our own version of EAT! At some resto in Rome <3
However, some parts can be a bit dragging. I’m sorry but the PRAY part was lacking the spiritual content that we are all expecting it to have. The film just showed that hey the author went to India, made a few friends here, struggled with the meditation, etc, but it failed to make us feel the spirituality of her journey to India. Hehe. Oh well, At least the movie succeeded in its visual aspects=)
After the movie, we met Marts and had our dinner c/o Mello in Wendy’s! Dapat Army Navy pero closed na sha. Ang aga! Boo. Hehe. Anyway, we ordered bacon mushroom melt burger and surprised Mello with cupcakes:

Frosting Cupcakes:) The Smores flavored is delish!

Birthday girl!


 Happy birthday churvs!! Moviedate again soon!:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment